Ladies, if you are looking for a supportive environment to try cross-country skiing or improve your Nordic skills, and you want to meet some new ski friends, then join us in Waterville Valley for a day-long Nordic Women’s Clinic on Saturday, Jan. 13. There will be yoga, on-snow instruction, lunch, and a wine & wax clinic.
Schedule for Saturday, January 13
- 8 a.m. Register at the Nordic Center in Town Square
- 8-9 a.m. Yoga
- 9-10 a.m. Meet and greet with coffee and goodies
- 10 a.m.-12 noon On-snow instruction based on individual level and technique
- 12-1 p.m. Fresh lunch provided and an inspirational wellness presentation by Dr. Heather Tallman-Ruhm
- 1-3 p.m. On-snow instruction, specific skill-based clinics, or free ski
- 3-4 p.m. Wine and Wax Clinic
$95 per person ($85 for season passholders) — Includes ski pass, ski and boot demos or high performance rentals, coffee, goodies, lunch, yoga class and qualifies you for specials on gear at the Nordic Center. Expect a mini-Swix trunk sale this year!
What to Bring
- Ski equipment (or demo or rent from the Nordic Center).
- Warm clothing and plenty of layers, extras for changing out of sweaty ones midday!
- Hat, Nordic gloves, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Water belt or pack recommended
Waterville Valley Nordic Center is a full service touring center. That means they can suit you up from head to toe if you’re totally new to the sport or help you freshen up your skiing experience. The Nordic Center has a fantastic selection of technical and fun outerwear, accessories and shiny new skis and boots from Swix, Salomon, Atomic and Fischer. The Nordic Center staff hand pick their merchandise and only offer what they would wear and ski with.
If you bring your own gear call ahead and the Nordic Center crew will get your skis waxed and ready for your day.
Where to Stay
Call Waterville Valley’s reservation specialists directly for the best prices. Group and special event pricing available. 1-800-GO-VALLEY.
Call the Nordic Center 603-236-4666 for more information and to register for the Nordic Women’s Clinic!