Waterville Valley’s Silver Streaks coordinator, Patty Furgal, provides her weekly update:
Congratulations to all for surviving the coooooold week. Looking forward to somewhat warmer temperatures this week and forecasted 3-5 inches of new snow tomorrow night.
News for this week:
– Ski with Webbie! Snowsports Director Peter Weber will ski with the Silver Streaks tomorrow (Mon., Jan. 28, 2013) at 10 a.m. Meet at the bottom of the main quad.
– Pam Turner has graciously organized this Wednesday’s apres ski party at the Ice Arena in Town Square. Potluck food/drink starting at 3:30 p.m. in the “warm room” at the arena. For those wishing to skate, skating will be open from 4-6 p.m. Streaks will not be charged for skating (normally $5/person); however, there will be a $4 charge for skate rentals. Heard Pam will be cooking a turkey for this party and others are bringing “real food” as well! Hope to see everyone at this unique Streaks apres ski!
– There will NOT be an alpine ski clinic this Tuesday. There WILL be a clinic on Thursday.
– Nordic update: Gigi will not be here this week. The Nordic Center will provide a sub for Wednesday to cross-country ski with the Streaks.
– Sunday Feb. 3rd is B4BC (Boarding for Breast Cancer) at WV. Lift tickets will be $45 for adults/seniors/teens and $15 for children. Waterville Valley Resort will donate $1 for every skier that day. There will also be pink WV stickers and raffle tickets available. Starting today, “pink ribbons” can be purchased and will be displayed this entire week at the Guest Services desk. All sales benefit breast cancer research.
– Look for an updated Streaks calendar for February later this week!