It’s not too late to participate in the Denali 5 Summit Challenge in Waterville Valley the weekend of Aug. 15-17, 2014!
Call Laurie at 1-800-GO VALLEY and let her know you’ll be participating, or stop by the Info Booth in Town Square on Friday night, Aug. 15, and sign-up with Jenna.
- What is the CHALLENGE? Hike 5 peaks in/around Waterville Valley, NH equaling 20,000 feet in elevation total (see list, below, of peaks you can choose from). Hikes are not guided – hike on your own, or organize your own group of hikers.
- What mountains do I hike? See list below. Choose 5 (or 6 if you need the elevation) that total 20,000 feet in elevation. A map will be provided at registration on Friday evening, Aug. 15 between 6-8 p.m. at the Info Booth in Town Square.
- When do I hike the mountains? Anytime between Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 15-17.
- Is there a FEE? NO, it’s FREE!
- How do I prove I did it? Honor system!
- What do I get out of it? Bragging rights that you hiked the equivalent of Mt. Denali in one weekend AND a FREE “Alive After Five” t-shirt AND a FREE water bottle AND a FREE hiking trail map AND a FREE refreshing Woodstock Brewery 4000-footer beer at the Denali BBQ (Sunday, Aug. 17, starting at 3 p.m. at Legends. $10 charge for BBQ). Did I mention the Denali 5 Summit Challenge is FREE!
- What can I do if I’m not ready to hike 20,000 feet?! There are two FREE family-friendly guided hikes being offered – and lots of activities in and around Town Square! Check out the Resort Insider for details.
- Get all the details for the DENALI 5 SUMMIT CHALLENGE at visitwatervillevalley.com.
DENALI 5 SUMMIT CHALLENGE PEAKS
Hike any five of the following peaks to achieve 20,000 feet (or a sixth peak if elevation is needed)
North Peak Tripyramid 4180
Middle Peak Tripyramid 4140
South Peak Tripyramid 4100
Mt. Osceola 4340
Mt. Osceola East 4156
The Scaur 2200
Goodrich Rock 2200
Noon Peak 2976
Jennings Peak 3460