I just received the following Green Peak expansion update from Waterville Valley Resort CEO, Chris Sununu.
The final plans with lift specifications are currently with the U.S. Forest Service for final approval, which we expect to receive within the next few weeks.
- Immediately following the approval we will begin cutting trees on Green Peak, currently planned to begin by the end of December 2014.
- Green Peak terrain will be accessed via a triple lift to be located between the T-Bars building and the Valley Run Quad. This lift is scheduled to be installed during the summer of 2015.
- New terrain is expected to be open for the 2015/16 season.
About Green Peak Expansion
- In September 2013, Waterville Valley Resort was approved by the U.S. Forest Service for the first major trail expansion in over 30 years.
- The Green Peak Expansion will add over 40 acres of trails plus an additional 12 acres of glades.
- The Green Peak Expansion will incorporate eight new trails to connect and run parallel to the existing trail network, and will be accessed via a triple lift.
- The overall layout will offer more gradual levels of terrain challenges for beginner and intermediate skiers and riders.
Should you or your staff be asked additional questions you are unable to answer based on the information above, please let us know so we can provide any additional information you may need. Updates will be provided as they come.
Please direct any questions to Pete Sununu at 603-236-8311 x3204 or [email protected].