Some would say it’s already been a long winter, and we haven’t even hit February. Even those of us who love winter and snow appreciate a bit of sunshine to brighten the short winter days. The Rey Center at Curious George Cottage is holding a “Long Winter Raffle,“ which will surely provide a ray of sunshine to one lucky winner.
This fun fundraiser takes its cue from the sixth book in Laura Ingalls Wilder’s treasured Little House series, “The Long Winter.” The beloved children’s book is about a newly settled town in the Dakota Territory that is hit by a brutal winter, covering the town in snow and cutting off food and supplies. A young Wilder boy and his friend set off in a blizzard to find supplies and ultimately save the town, allowing residents to have a joyous Christmas celebration.
The Rey Center’s “Long Winter Raffle” items include a great bundle of winter goodies that will surely brighten your day. Items include:
- A full-color collector’s edition of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s “The Long Winter”
- Wedgewood tea set – $200 value
- “Reindog” by Hundelrut Studios – $145 value
- Ski or snowboard rental and winter accessories from Ski Fanatics – $60 value
- Ski or snowboard rental from Exit 28 Rentals – $135 value
- Artwork by Annie Schwartz – $350 value
- Snow tubing, 10 tickets – $125 value
- Curious George books – $20 value
- Mad River Coffee House gift basket – $35 value
- Gift cards for food and shopping totaling over $100
Tickets are $5 each; or five tickets for $20. Click here to learn more and purchase your tickets. Tickets can also be purchased at the Curious George Cottage, The Adventure (Nordic) Center, and the Golf Course Clubhouse.
The drawing will be held at the end of February.