Who else is shaking their head and thinking, it’s August already?! I keep reminding myself that there’s still plenty of summer left to enjoy; however, the key is to actually get out there and enjoy it. So, take a peek at the Resort Insider and let the myriad activities and events tempt you to play hooky from work and your other commitments and get up here and enjoy all that Waterville Valley offers in summer. Scroll down for some highlights…
Apparently, I’m not the only one surprised that it is August. Did you catch Jimmy Kimmel on August 1? He put together a mashup showing 20 of the nation’s newscasters being very surprised that it is, in fact, already August.
- NATIONAL NIGHT OUT – hosted by the Waterville Valley Department of Public Safety – will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 6, from 5-8 p.m. at Benton’s Sugar Shack Campground in Thornton. ALL are invited to attend and everything is FREE! There will be food, music, games, demonstrations and more!
- The Vertical Zone’s climbing tower and bungee trampoline will be at National Night Out – a great chance to try out the fun. That means the Vertical Zone set-up in Waterville Valley’s Town Square will be closing at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 4, and will be closed through Aug. 7.
- It’s not too late to sign-up for the Black Bear Half Marathon, 5K and fun run on Saturday, Aug. 31, starting at 8 a.m. Details here: http://bit.ly/blackbear-
- The Waterville Valley Historical Society‘s annual membership meeting will be held on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 7 p.m. at the Recreation Department. The evening will start out at 6:15 p.m. with a presentation by Watervillian Jack Sanders on “The History of Freestyle Skiing, From Waterville Valley to the Olympics.” There will be refreshments and social time.
- The Historical Society is organizing a “Getting to Know the Valley” day on Sunday, Sept. 1, from 12-3 p.m. in Town Square. Waterville Valley businesses, clubs and organizations are invited to participate, and YOU are invited to stop by. Stay tuned for details.
- Upcoming events include the Ugotta Regatta THIS WEEKEND, the Denali Challenge August 9-11, and the End of Summer Bash on Sunday, September 1.