I had to work last Saturday, so I missed the June Gardener’s Workshop at the Curious George Cottage. I’ve marked my calendar for the next workshop on Saturday, July 7th from 9-10 a.m. Join me!
Here are some photos taken at the June 2nd workshop and a list of some of the things they discussed. Bonus. This list is a convenient post-Mother’s Day or Father’s Day shopping list (hint, hint to my husband)!
1. You MUST have a three gallon watering can. >> Order here
2. Rain skirts are awesome. >> Find them here
3. Pruners are everything. Buy a nice pair and replace pieces as needed and sharpen yearly, versus buying an inexpensive pair that lasts a short period of time. >> Check these out
4. Micro tip pruners like these are amazing for annuals and dead heading.
5. Long tailed tees keep the sun off your back and the bugs out of your pants. >> Duluth Trading tees are awesome
6. Two to three inches of mulch is recommended around your plants now to keep moisture in and weeds from coming up. Use compostable mulch that will add benefit to the soil. The Rey Center’s two favorites are cocoa mulch and compostable manure.