Waterville Valley Ski Resort participates in New Hampshire Electric Co-op’s Peak Days program. The amount of electricity that members of NHEC collectively use varies during the course of the year and even from hour-to-hour in a given day. But there are certain times when electricity usage spikes up as all members use more power at the same time. These high usage periods are called “peaks.” To control costs, NHEC periodically announces Peak Events and asks NHEC members to manage their energy usage.
Whether or not your business or residence is a member of the NHEC Peak Days program, if we can all collectively manage our energy usage during these Peak Events, we can have an impact on future electric rates.
TODAY – Monday, August 19, from 4-7 p.m. is a New Hampshire Electric Cooperative Peak Days event!
YOU can help manage the peak by reducing your electric usage between the hours of 4-7 p.m. tonight.
Spread the word and help impact future rates. If we reduce our usage during Peak events, we all save!
How you can help
- Delay doing the laundry or running the dishwasher during this time.
- Limit use of the air conditioner and/or pool pump if you have one. Raise the thermostat on the AC two or more degrees.
- Schedule baking or cooking for before or after the event period if you have an electric stove.
- Schedule your Electric Vehicle charging during Off-Peak hours.
- Encourage your kids to participate by turning off game consoles and unplugging tablets and other devices
- Get outside and enjoy the day!
You can join NHEC’s Peak Days program. To make it fun, NHEC is offering COOL prizes when you enroll.
Participating in Peak Days is FREE and completely voluntary
- You will receive a notification from NHEC of a Peak Event that will occur between Noon-8 p.m.
- Peak Events will ONLY occur Monday-Friday and exclude weekends and certain holidays
- Peak Events will be limited to 15 per calendar year and will occur between June 1st-September 30th.
ENROLL now and help NHEC manage the peak!
For more information about Demand Response and Peak Days program, contact Alicia Melanson at email@example.com or call 603-536-8675.