The top female on the U.S. Freeskiing Pro Team, Devin Logan, is training this summer and fall at WVBBTS’ Phil’s Hill Airbag Training Center on the brand new BagJump Airbag! Devin is training with BBTS Head Freeskiing Coach, Dan Shuffleton.
“This is a great place for summer off-snow training!” said Devin.
According to Coach Shuffleton, “I started training Devin when she was 8 years old at Freestyle America Trampoline Camp, so we go way back. Devin is highly motivated, dedicated and works hard on physical conditioning and acrobatic training skills. She is strong enough to do all jumps and that really sets her apart from other athletes.”
Devin’s career highlights include:
- Three-time World Cup halfpipe medalist (one gold, two silver)
- 2012, AFP overall champion
- 2012, World Cup at Mammoth Mountain, Calif., silver medalist
- 2012, Winter X Games halfpipe silver medalist
- 2012, Winter X Games slopestyle silver medalist
- 2011, AFP overall champion
- 2011, Winter X Games halfpipe bronze medalist
- 2011, U.S. halfpipe champion
After winning the New Zealand World Cup halfpipe in August 2012, the first contest of the 2014 Olympic qualifying period, Devin suffered an injury that took her off the snow for the remainder of the season. A resident in West Dover, VT, Devin resumed training earlier this spring and has chosen Waterville Valley’s Phil’s Hill Airbag Training Center for summer and fall training.
A gold medal favorite in both halfpipe and slopestyle at the upcoming 2014 Sochi Olympics, it’s great to have a future Olympian and Medal contender training here. Devin is an amazingly strong athlete and we’re looking forward to seeing her compete in Sochi.
>> Follow Devin on her website at www.devinlogan.com