WVBBTS / SEF (“BBTS”) is conducting a search to hire its next Executive Director to lead the entire organization, which includes its fully accredited Waterville Valley Academy and a robust weekend snowsports program. Located in Waterville Valley, New Hampshire, BBTS enjoys a storied history in the world of snowsports that dates back more than 80 years. Waterville Valley Academy in conjunction with the BBTS weekend program is regarded as one of the nation’s premier institutions for promising young athletes looking to challenge themselves in a highly productive academic and athletic setting. BBTS is looking for the motivated, experienced candidate who is both capable and ready to lead the organization into the next exciting phase of its legacy.
General Scope of the Position:
This is a year-round, full time position in which the Executive Director will be in charge of all aspects of the organization.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Board to develop and execute multi-year and annual operating plans and other initiatives
- Lead, energize, assess, develop, and manage BBTS’s current staff with the goal of ensuring that BBTS has the best staff in place to work safely and effectively with all student/athletes
- Ensure the delivery of the highest possible caliber snowsports development program to include world class coaching, training, and competition
- Ensure the provision of the proper environment and tools for an advanced academic setting for student/athletes
- Formulate and execute a strategic development campaign which will provide BBTS students and athletes with industry leading facilities and training venues along and an enhanced endowment for financial assistance.
Operational Aspects will include:
- Manage the financial health of BBTS
- Set and deliver timely annual operating budgets and long-term capital budgets
- Oversee the delivery of accurate, timely, & understandable financial reports
- Oversee the management and development of all physical assets and facilities
- Maintain and strengthen BBTS’s relationships with its member families, alumni, the Waterville Valley Ski Area, the town of Waterville, and relevant snow sport institutions such as USSA, FIS, NHARA, and so forth.
The Executive Director will report to the Board of Trustees and will be supervised by the Chairman of the Board. This person will oversee all aspects of hiring and supervision of all direct reports and will retain final approval on all other hiring and firing decisions. Heads of all major areas of BBTS will report directly to the Executive Director including Athletics, Academics, Development, Finance and Administration as well as other key positions.
WVBBTS/SEF (Waterville Valley Academy) Executive Director Position Key Attributes:
To lead BBTS successfully, the Executive Director must demonstrate the following attributes:
- Superior leadership, interpersonal and organizational management skills to drive excellence in strategic thinking, operations, financial planning and reporting, and human capital management
- Superior fundraising skills to energize and lead fundraising efforts that will fund annual budgets, an endowment and capital improvements in line with BBTS’s strategic plan
- Superior recruitment management skills, to energize and lead the creation and maintenance of a robust pipeline of student-athletes & younger athletes appropriately matched with the offerings of BBTS
- Superior constituent relationship-building skills, to maintain healthy, deep and broad relationships with current athletes and families, alumni, and key strategic partners
- Competitive snowsports experience This BBTS Executive Director search is being led and managed by PFS Associates.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter by email to the following address: Peter@PFSAssoc.com Attn: Peter Schibli Office: (617) 744-3605.